Coaching Clinic Registration
Coaching clinics are now available for registration.
A reminder that anyone Coaching from Mini-Tyke to Peewee must take the Community Development Level 1 course (if they haven’t already).
Anyone coaching Bantam to Senior Levels, must take the Competitive Introduction Level 2 course (if Level 1 has already been completed).
To register for a regular coaching clinic, please email Head Coach Ken Passfield at email@example.com.
The list of clinics can be found here – https://bcla.imeetcentral.com/bcla/doc/37648568/?&pgref.
In addition, the Vancouver Island Commission has arranged for Paul Dal Monte to offer a FREE interactive Coaching Session on the Island.
• Sunday, March 6th in Victoria Register 9:30-12 – Tsawout Multipurpose Room at 7728 Tetayut Rd, Saanichton, BC (off the Pat Bay highway at Mt Newton X Road intersection McDonalds and Waddling Dog side) and 1-4pm – Tsawout Gymnasium (same building).
This session will be of benefit to coaches from all levels of experience. This is not a certification course, but rather an opportunity for sharing and learning practical coaching skills. There will be no cost to any coaches, just bring a pen, some paper and your stick.
To register, please email Linda Cretney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, association, and coaching experience.
An overview is below:
• Provide insight, ideas and perspective into teaching core fundamentals
• Provide practical tools to assist coaching efforts
• Inspire and encourage young coaches to stay involved in the game
• Help growth and improvement of the game
• Support BCLA/CLA Coaching Certification / Professional Development Program
Agenda / Overview
• Focus on the game’s core FUNDAMENTALS
• Classroom: 25 – 40 slides to review core fundamentals and teaching principles, and provide context and foundation for on-floor session
• On-Floor: run players or coaches through a “practice” session using variety of drills as practical teaching tools
• Approach: to complement and enhance what coaches may already know and what is taught in certification program
Possible Topics – “Base Level”
• Organizational Tools – practice plan, game-day line-ups, stats tracking, and rationale (samples provided)
• Fundamentals – passing/shooting, catching, loose balls, & teaching principles and progression
• Transition Game – fundamentals / key coaching points, D to O, O to D, & teaching principles and progression
• Pick & Roll – fundamentals, setting/receiving pick, & teaching progression
Additional Topics For Consideration
• Power Play / Short Man – fundamentals & core principles
• Defense – fundamentals & core principles
• 2 vs. 1 / 3 vs. 2 – fundamentals & core principles & teaching progression (offense & defence)
• Offense – fundamentals & core principles