2021 Season Update - March 2021
The season has commenced and the indoor sessions for all divisions have been a success. Thank you to the players and parents for following the COVID protocols. These are in place for your safety and our continued participation in lacrosse activities.
Each division has been broken down into cohorts. These cohorts are based upon the allowed number of people in a facility for the COVID facility plan. At this point in the season, teams are not being created as we are still under Phase 2 Return to Sport, which is skills and drills.
Phase 2 is anticipated to last at least until after Spring Break. In April the sessions will transition to the outdoor lacrosse boxes. Should Phase 3 be introduced, the Greater Victoria associations are communicating and are prepared to transition to game play.
1. The cohorts are being loaded into TeamPages this weekend; please ensure you accept the TeamPages invite as all information on March lacrosse sessions will be communicated via TeamPages.
2. The Master Schedule will be posted on TeamPages. Detailed practice times will be communicated via your cohort on TeamPages.
3. Players need to arrive on time. They also need to use the appropriate doors. The facility doors are locked once the session starts and the people running the sessions may not be standing by the door for the duration of the session.
4. Players must bring the Covid Screening form to each session. Link: https://bit.ly/3qsnn5w
5. Players must have full gear to start the sessions. Link: to gear requirements https://www.teampages.com/clubs/1651/pages/45815.
The SLA Return to Sport plan is on TeamPages. Please make yourself familiar with the plan. Link: https://bit.ly/3rsDaCH
The 2021 season is being guided by the principles of: keeping players healthy active, building players’ love for having a lax stick in their hand and finding the silver lining in the current situation.
The document SLA_Covid_Return_to_Play__February_2021___1_.pdf was attached to this post.