News and Announcements
Hi Saanich Lacrosse families,
Just a few reminders for some important information as the season approaches:
• Registration is open and if you have not registered yet, please do so as soon as possible.
• Ice-breakers start the weekend of Feb. 6.
• The evaluation schedule is out and evaluations start as early as Feb. 13.
• For more information on evaluations (and ice-breakers) please see this page of the website – http://goo.gl/9Kkr5f
• The City-wide lacrosse gear exchange is this Saturday, Jan. 30 at Pearkes from noon to 2pm. In addition to equipment, Saanich Lacrosse clothing and in-person registration will be available.
The season is right around the corner!
Saanich Lacrosse Executive
Saanich 2016 Intermediate B Team News
Practice session will be held on Saturday, Feb. 6 from 10:30am – noon at Pearkes fieldhouse. All players to bring helmet, gloves and stick. Goalies to bring full gear.This years team is looking for Coaches & Managers. Any persons wanting to be involved please contact Chris Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-507-8910.
Intermediate Age Players – we will be posting practice times on our Facebook site SAANICH INTER. Please request to join the site and you will be accepted. All information for the upcoming season will be posted soon.
Ref Clinic Dates
Here are the 2016 ref clinic dates for Victoria. Please email email@example.com to register.
All clinics to be held at PISE, exact room details to follow.
Sunday Feb 28 (9:30 – 4:30)
Saturday March 5 (9:30 -4:30)
Sunday Feb 28 (9:30 – 4:30)
Saturday March 5(9:30 – 4:30)
Saturday Feb 27 (10 – 4)
Sunday March 6 (10 – 4)
Sunday April 3(10 – 4)
For those members of Saanich Lacrosse interested in female lacrosse for the 2016 season, please read the important news recently released – http://goo.gl/T9HzHq. Please feel free to share with any friends that may be interested in joining this season.
Female Lacrosse Update
With box lacrosse just around the corner it is time to get the sticks out and and play a little lacrosse. We have booked a number of drop-in sessions at Pearkes Fieldhouse for girls that are returning this year as well as new players. Please come to any that work for your schedule.
• Wednesday, Feb 3rd 7-9pm Court 3
• Thursday, Feb 11th 5-7pm Court 4 – CANCELLED BY PEARKES
• Tuesday, Feb 16th 5-7pm Court 2
• Tuesday, Feb 23rd 5-7pm Court 2
• Thursday, Mar 3rd 5-7pm Court 4
• Wednesday, Mar 9th 5-7pm Court 4
Ideally players should be registered with their home association (area you live) before these sessions; however there will be waiver forms on hand for new players that want to come out and try things before registering.
If you are new to lacrosse all you need to bring is some runners and a helmet if you have one (hockey helmet is fine). There will be sticks and balls provided.
This will be another exciting year for Female Lacrosse on the Island. We will continue with rotating practices so that nobody has to travel all the time. We will also continue hosting the mainland teams at Panorama and travel for games in Nanaimo as well. Hopefully there will be some Cowichan teams to play this year as well. The season will end with the Victoria PeeWee, Bantam and Midget teams hosting and participating in the Provincials (June 29-July 3)!
If you have any questions/concerns, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.